Today on RTW Nation I am highlighting the Personal Injury and Disability Management Conference that’s happening on October 12-14 2016. It’s hosted by the Personal Injury Education Foundation and the Australian Society Of Rehabilitation Counsellors. I’m speaking on day 3. I’m attending on day 2 also. And I hope […]
Graeme Innes AM is an Australian company director, lawyer and public speaker. He has been a human rights practitioner for 30 years in NSW and Western Australia and has participated in the development of national and international […]
Today I speculate whether robots will put Return To Work Professionals out of a job as automation plays a bigger role in the future of RTW.
The processes I predict are vulnerable to automation include:
- How we handle Certificates of Capacity and reimbursement of wages for injured workers
- How we prepare RTW Plans and allocate tasks for non-injured […]
Employee engagement is more and more becoming recognised as an important leading indictor for injury prevention. So I’ve gone right to the source and interviewed a real influencer in culture and engagement.
Didier Elzinga knows what he’s willing to hurt for. He is CEO and co-founder of Culture Amp – a culture first software company that is […]
Today you’ll hear something that doesn’t happen often (enough?) – I get up on my soapbox and have a little rant about Lost Time Injuries (LTIs).
You will learn about:
- The 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill that resulted in 11 workplace fatalities and 17 injuries
- How is it possible that Transocean would claim this was the best year for […]
In RTW Nation episode 26 I’m talking with Rob Aurbach. He’s a consultant who has spent much of his career helping policy-makers design compensation schemes. Rob has just released a free online resilience tool to help people assess and improve resilience.
Return To Work can be a stressful role at times and it’s helpful to […]
This is my stopwatch summary of the 5th Australasian Compensation Health Research Forum held in Melbourne on 1 & 2 August 2016.
What is a stopwatch summary? I summarise all of the keynote speeches in under 1 minute each and give you my key takeaway.
Featured in this episode is:
3 minute listen
Learn about the 5th Australasian Compensation Health Research Forum happening on 1 & 2 August 2016 at the Melbourne Convention Centre. Check out my video tweet direct from the venue.
- Professor Michael Sullivan
- Dr Graeme Innes AM
- Ms Nas Campanella
- Professor Judith Smith
- Mr Steve Tighe
I am humbled and privileged to be Master of […]
Today Mark Stipic discusses how the future of Return To Work may shift towards a Sharing Economy.
- What the sharing economy is
- What’s going to happen in RTW in 10-15 years?
- Full time employment will become scarce
- The days of the generalist are numbered
- The emergence of […]
Today I’m talking with Jo Muirhead, founder of PurpleCo.
Jo takes us through:
- Her background as a Rehabilitation Counsellor and her transition from employment to self-employment
- How she defines excellence as moving beyond compliance and prescription
- How Jo teaches businesses to embrace excellence
- She gives us her thoughts on people vs the paper […]