Ryan Ebert is a Melbourne based Company Director, Physiotherapist and Entrepreneur.
Very passionate about the Health field, Ryan is now the CEO & co-founder of PHW (Productive Healthy Workplaces) Group Pty Ltd. A national Health Consulting group that partners with its clients to create and design healthier and more productive workplaces.
Make sure you listen right to the end because Ryan has a massive free offer exclusive to RTW Nation listeners. Learn how you can request a free one hour onsite consultation with written report, plus an ergonomics booklet and DVD (which alone is worth $149.95).
- How to use health and productivity to make better workplaces
- How to use ergonomics, workplace training and onsite injury prevention to drive long term change and improve productivity
- How a healthy workplace leads to reduced absenteeism, better staff retention and reduced injuries
- The health effects of sitting
- The importance of alternating posture
- Prolonged standing can be as bad as prolonged sitting
- The “movement movement”
I summarise my key takeaways from talking with Ryan:
- Don’t forget the health message for your office workers
- Standing at work is not your silver bullet solution – alternating posture is key
- Employers need to get creative with workplace design
We also discuss Melbourne coworking space Inspire9.
Ryan suggests listeners can find further information at:
- The PHW blog and newsletter
- The BUPA website has loads of info
- The InjuryNet website
- The Sit and Stand Desks website
- The Backcare and Seating website
Ryan can be contacted via the PHW website or by phone on 1300 198 077.
I also discuss an event that I’m attending on Monday 21 March: ISCRR Research Forum: The role of General Practitioners in return to work.
I’ve attended an ISCRR forum in the past and it was incredibly valuable. In fact I even wrote a blog post about it and rounded up all the videos from the day. I did however feel that employers were a bit underrepresented and I know your contributions would be valued. So I urge you to join the discussion at this upcoming event.