Rob Brandham is a physiotherapist and director at St Kilda Road Sports & Physiotherapy Centre in Melbourne.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to source a company-nominated physiotherapist
- The pros and cons of offering physiotherapy treatment for non-work injuries
- Managing the progression from unfit for work to suitable duties to pre-injury duties and beyond
- What employers need to get better at to reduce injuries
- The complex issue of pain
I walk you through how to have the difficult conversation with an injured worker when you’ve identified they need to seek physiotherapy treatment. I explain what to say (and what not to say) to help a worker decide whether to seek treatment from the company-nominated physiotherapist or whether to choose their own treater – as is their right to do.
I give you my three takeaways from talking to Rob:
- It’s OK for injured workers to continue some rehab after receiving a clearance certificate
- LISTEN to your workforce
- Pain is an important topic that is not getting enough attention
Plus I have a motivational quote for you from an elite athlete… Michael Jordan.
Discussed in this episode is the book Explain Pain by Dr David Butler and Prof Lorimer Moseley.
You can contact Rob Brandham through the St Kilda Road Sports & Physiotherapy Centre website or via telephone on 03 9869 2030.
Or you can connect with Rob on LinkedIn.