Today you’ll hear something that doesn’t happen often (enough?) – I get up on my soapbox and have a little rant about Lost Time Injuries (LTIs).
You will learn about:
- The 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill that resulted in 11 workplace fatalities and 17 injuries
- How is it possible that Transocean would claim this was the best year for safety in the history of the company?
- Examples of Lagging Indicators that measure past performance
- Examples of Leading Indicators that can predict future performance
- Lagging Indicators and Leading Indicators are both important, but for different reasons
- The key is to measure current performance, implement a strategy, then measure again
- Are you measuring the right indicators?
It’s my birthday this week and if you want to wish me a happy birthday, I’d love to receive a podcast review!