Here is the first half of my conversation with Rex Johnson. Rex is a qualified accountant and founder of Jokama Australasia Group. Rex is a former Senior Manager of the WorkCover Audit Group with Ernst & Young and former Senior Investigator and Branch Manager of the Investigations Branch at the State Revenue Office.
I start off by explaining why this an important episode because it will help you:
- Grow your network and help others solve their problems
- Become a linchpin within your business
- Progress your career
Rex and I discuss:
- What on earth does “Jokama” mean?
- We end the debate on how to pronounce remuneration
- How WorkCover premiums are calculated
- Why it is so hard to get your declarations of rateable remuneration right
- The sort of things that should and shouldn’t be declared as rateable remuneration
- How to recover potentially overpaid premiums and get a refund cheque
I finish off with a motivational quote from author Tim Sanders.
You can contact Rex by visiting the Jokama website or calling the office on 03 9887 3988. That’s a Melbourne number but Jokama serves employers nationally around Australia.