Today’s guest on RTW Nation is Shane Purnell, host of the Platform Giant Show and expert on public speaking and personal branding.
Before we get into the interview I pose the question: Should you feel bad about pursuing a career in rehabilitation?
Shane and I discuss:
- What it means to have a platform
- C.A.R.V.E.: Channels, Authority, Relationships, Visibility, Evidence
- How to quickly establish your credibility in the rehabilitation process
- How to become an influencer in your profession
- Why and how to get involved in professional networking
- Why you must get active on LinkedIn
- 3 tips for a great LinkedIn profile
- LinkedIn Pulse vs Medium as a blogging platform
I give you my 3 take-aways from talking to Shane:
- Do an audit of how you’re performing against C.A.R.V.E.
- It’s OK to make your qualifications known
- Get out there and give some recommendations on LinkedIn
I also have a motivational quote from one of my daughter’s favourite authors… Dr Seuss.